Friday, July 9, 2010

Labyrinth Lord Gets an Honorable Mention for the Ennies: Best Game

As anyone who follows the ENnies knows, the category of Best Game always has very tight competition. I entered Labyrinth Lord: Revised Edition into the ENnies this year. It got Honorable Mention for Best Game, beating out a lot of other fairly high profile games, such as Hackmaster Basic. I'm very grateful and humbled by this, and I thank the judges for the mention. I think this just further shows that our collective work and efforts to preserve old-school games is being recognized more and more. Thanks in no small part to everyone's wonderful support of Goblinoid Games and Labyrinth Lord, making it just one representative of old-school gaming that is picking up traction each year. Speaking of which, the print run for the Advanced Edition Companion is almost sold out -- better order some more!

6 comments:

Chris Creel said...

Great news about the award and the print run. Great job by yourself and the whole Goblin team!

James said...

Congratulations Dan! I'm attending my first meeting of the Birmingham Area D&D Meet-up Group tomorrow and will be bringing LL, the AEC and some other Goodies to show everyone!

nextautumn said...

Congratulations, Dan - you've earned it. Also, I nominated Goblinoid Games for the Fan Award for Best Publisher - after all, GG has a pretty impressive line-up out there now (MF, S&S, LL & the AEC & other supplements). Good luck!

Shane Mangus said...

Very cool! You deserve it for all the blood, sweat and tears you have obviously poured into Labyrinth Lord.

Mallius Vane said...

Now for the Fan Award for Best Publisher!!!

James Maliszewski said...

I'm no fan of the ENnies (or most such RPG awards), but I'm happy to see LL recognized nonetheless.