Friday, March 1, 2013

Labyrinth Lord orders via Dwimmermount now shipped




















For those interested, I just want to confirm that all hard cover copies of Labyrinth Lord and the Advanced Edition Companion that were ordered through the Dwimmermount Kickstarter shipped today. The PDFs were delivered several months ago. I also want to make sure people know that James Maliszewski did in fact pay me for all of the orders. I asked him to deliver the money for this long back, well before his personal difficulties arose, because I wanted to ensure that I would be able to deliver the books in case anything unforeseen happened. At the time it seemed unlikely there would be any snags, but I was sort of looking ahead in a paranoid fashion I guess, and we now know that snags did in fact arise. Although I have every confidence James will eventually complete and deliver Dwimmermount, it is now clear that Dwimmermount may not be fulfilled for some time. In light of this, I want to take care of my supporters and customers by fulfilling this one component of the Kickstarter that I have control over. I did take some hit due to unforeseen shipping expenses associated with this, but I did not take an overall loss. That's why even though some customers very generously offered to pay for the additional shipping, I have declined those offers. As a supporter of Dwimmermount myself I know many people already have a lot of money invested in the project.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good of you, Daniel, well done!

Mallius Vane said...

I really regret not adding a pair of these to my Dwimmermount pledge. Very nice!

Jonas said...

It's my understanding that little paranoia is always good for small business.

Dan of Earth said...

@John: Thanks! Right now these are only for the Dwimmermount order, but I like them so much I'm going to transition to this permanently.

Anthony N. Emmel said...

Sir, you are a true gentleman. Thank you for taking care of your patrons in this manner.

Anonymous said...

I love the new cover designs. Will the PDFs via DriveThruRPG/RPGNow be updated as well?

Dan of Earth said...

Hi James, eventually everything will be updated, these are not yet available.